Yield: 10 servings
1lb beef rochoy (still don't know translation for this term)
1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
1/2 cup finely chopped green beans
1/2 cup baby peas
1 cup beets, finely chopped, curtida (will translate this term later)
2 cloves garlic
2 bay leaves
3 pimientas de castilla
2 ramas de tomillo (will translate later)
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced into 1/8-1/4 inch thick slices for garnish
Dry queso duro, (white, hard cheese) crumbled
Green leaf or butter lettuce
10 fried corn tortillas or tostadas
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and mix the beef with water, salt, one onion, one tomato, and 3 pimientas de Castilla.
- Once the meat is cooked, remove from heat and piquela grueso (will translate later).
- Cueza (will translate later) separately the finely chopped vegetables.
- Prepare the fried sauce with 3 peeled tomatoes, remove the seeds, and chop them, combine with a finely chopped onione and the garlic, the bay leaves and tomillo. Fry the mixture in a little bit of oil and then add the meat and vegetables. Season with salt, pepper and a little vinegar. Allow to fry for a few minutes and then remove from heat.
- Over each fried tortilla add some of the sauce , a leaf of lettuce some of the meat, beets, and then a slice of the egg. Sprinkle with the cheese and some parsley.
- It is best to fry the tortillas when they are raw still if that is within your reach.